Closure

Scripture
John 3:16 : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Prayer

Adult:
Dear God,
I never imagined life would turn out this way. Right now my heart is bleeding and I can’t cry one more tear. Please God let me see, feel, and hear you. Please God wrap your arms around me. Let me know I am not alone and you are guiding me. I know there are rough waters ahead, but give me the strength of an oar and wisdom of a compass to battle the thunderstorm. Give me the peace and calmness of the waters to have closure to my pain. I love you God! Thank You!

Child
Dear God,
Please God be here for me. Please love me. Please help me. Please never leave me. I love you God! Amen!

Activity:

Adult:
When we knew we were losing our baby Hope, it was important my heart wasn’t saying goodbye, but my mind was having closure. For us, closure meant baptizing our deceased daughter, going through a burial service, and every year letting go of a balloon in her honor with a note on it. As silly as this sounds, I believe Hope sees our note every year.
Another example is with companies going through mergers or acquisitions. I have witnessed companies using items such as flags, bon fires, and pens to symbolize the end of a current culture and the beginning of a new culture.

The activity this week, is to find something tangible; which will have significance and can help bring closure for you and your family.

If you feel compelled after words, we’d love to hear from you on our Shared site.

Child:

Closure for children can be as simple as answering your child’s questions, letting them talk, sharing something sentimental with them, and if it makes sense sharing stories and pictures. The important part is to remember children need closure. If your child has not yet had closure regarding this situation, the goal is to talk to your child this week.

Share with Friends